Sometimes you face a common problem” you need permission to perform this action”. When we want to open, move or delete a file or folder a popup window says this. This is very annoying. In this situation, we cannot open or remove that file. So you cannot access the file or folder. Every time you want to open, remove or delete that file, a popup window says this annoying thing. We want a solution for this problem. I am here to give you a proper solution for this problem.
This problem comes to you because you don’t have the ownership of that file or folder. All files of an operating system are managed as read, write, execute and ownership. If there is a file which you can’t access that means you do not have the ownership of that file or folder and you have to do some work to take the ownership of that file. I am here to guide you on this issue.
Basically, there are three methods by which you can solve this problem. The first method is the Change Permission. This method is very easy and you can solve this problem by following the method. The second method is the Registry Editor. In this method, you have to download a registry editor and you have to install it. The third method is the “Safe Mode”. If you do not want to use the first two methods the follow the third method.
First Method: In this method, you have to change the permission manually.
1. At first right-click the file or folder then click properties. Now select Security tab and click the Advanced button.
2. Select Owner and then click Edit button. Another window will open and you have to select the username of your user.
3. Now check the box next to “Replace owner on subcontainers and objects” and then click OK.
4. Now click Yes when a window comes with this “ All permissions will be replaced if you press yes” then click OK and you are done.
Second Method: In this method, you have to download registry editor and follow this steps.
1. In this method you have to download a zip file from here http://bit.ly/2kLnVac Now you have to extract it then you have to install it.
2. Now you have got another option right click menu labeled as “Take Ownership”
3. If you do not want it then right click the menu and double click RemoveTakeOwnership.reg file.
Third Method: In this method, you need to run your pc in safe mode. You have to restart your computer into safe mode.
Conclusion: “You need permission to perform this action” is a common error problem. If you are facing this problem don’t panic. Follow these three steps to solve the problem. This error occurs because you don’t have the ownership of that file or folder. A popup window says this every time when you want to access that file. By the help of this method, you can solve this error very easily. So don’t worry and take a close look at this three methods and your problem will be solved.