Maintaining an air compressor is not hard. You can do that just like you do other tasks on your daily life. To deal with this issue, you have to make sure that you all going with the correct process. So, I am going to give some proper guide that might help you all with maintaining your air compressor. After that if you feel need more, there is an air compressor agency I have linked.
Guide to Maintain an Air Compressor
You can use follow the below guide to maintain your air compressor for good. But, make sure, you are following those steps correctly.
Changing Your Air Compressor Oil
In the first step, you need to change the oil of your air compressor. It is the most difficult task. But, if you follow the below steps, you will be able to do that easily.
- Before draining your compressor, you must have to turn it on for a few minutes so that it can be warm and thin the viscosity of the oil. It is because to leave the system with ease.
- Now need to remove the fill cap to allow air into the system.
- After that, remove the drain plug from the compressor and drain the oil into a container.
- At the time, removed all the old oil to replace the drain plug by using an adjustable wrench.
- It is time to fill your machine slowly and carefully with high-quality air compressor oil. On the other hand, you can also go for the manufacturer recommended oil. It depends on your system’s fill valve. You may need to add some oil, wait for it to level out, and add some more. You need to take your time and make sure the compressor of yours receives the correct amount of oil. Now, if the system is equipped with a dipstick, you have to be sure to check it for the right level.
- At last, replace the fill cap. You all have successfully changed your air compressor’s oil.
Removing and Installing the Air Filter
It is a simple task that you will be able to do that easily. But, I must tell you guys that some machines have a screw on air filter, and some simply pull out by hand. So, follow the below instructions to change your air filter.
- First of all, you have to locate your machine’s air filter.
- You can remove the air filter of your machine by pinching it out with your finger or by removing the screws that attach it to your compressor.
- It is time to install the new filter, and it would be a simple job as performing the reverse of the removal process.
Replacing a Worn Compressor Belt
In this step, you have to replace a worn compressor belt on your machine. It is a simple task that can be compared with replacing your air filter. Most of the compressors have a plastic cage that surrounds the machine’s pulleys. Follow the below process to replace the compressor belt.
- The first thing that you need to do is to determine where your belt system is located. Some machines have it behind the plastic cage, but some are not.
- Check if your air compressor is equipped with a protective cage, find the screws or clips that hold the cover in place and carefully remove them. It will grant you the access to the pulleys and belt.
- You guys will see the belt now and decide whether it needs to be replaced at all. You can do that looking for crack and other signs of excess wear. If you see the replacement is necessary, move onto the next step. If not, cover it back up, and you are done.
- Remove the worn and damaged belt by grasp it firmly and while pulling it over the largest wheel of the pulley system, rotate the pulleys, and the belt should turn right off the track.
- Lastly, take your new belt, place it over the smallest pulley and work it onto the biggest wheel by turning it in a forward motion.
I hope this blog is helpful for you, and you all have learned a lot about how to maintain an air compressor easily. But still, if you have any question related to this issue, you can ask me in the comment.